Psalm 24: 1-6


The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters. Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart who has not lifted up his sould to an idol nor sworn deceitfully, He shall receive blessing from the Lord. And righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face.


It is believed that these verses are a song that was written as David was bringing the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem. Later in the New Testament, Paul quotes these same words. This passage states that everything is under the control of God. It takes it back to creation onward. There are only the righteous who will be allowed to go into Holy Places with the Lord. These are those with clean hands and a pure heart; those with ethics and integrity. Living a good life has its rewards, however, we learn in the New Testament there is more.....you must be born again. Those that follow these dictates will receive blessings from God and will see God again because we seek Him out in our lives.


I get so caught up in the daily grind of life that sometimes I forget that as a Christian I am one of the blessed of God. Blessings that come my way are sometimes not acknowledged. Give me a clean heart every day and a pure heart. I do not want anger and hurt to rule over me. I want to someday enter Heaven and commune with God and continue the relationship I have with Him. I pray that I am not lacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elijah and His Accomplishments

Pentatonix

Study on the Holy Spirit